Jem Hall coaching - Dedicated to your development
tab ClinicsTechniqueNewsGalleryVideosContactRegisterlinksAbout
Stay Tuned

Where is Jem?: on his Blog

tab tab
   
home / blog
   
 
Blog
 

Saturday 12 June 2010

Wedding, honeymoon and Moulay clinic 'lite'

Good morning,
 
Well I hope that some of you got out on Sunday for a sail, as it was damn nice in the sun and sweet force 4 – 5. As promised I am going to give you a peak at our wedding photos and give you the lowdown on how the day went.
 
Firstly, of course, a bit of promotion as you know I’m not shy on this …. 
 
Your last chances for a boost this year are:
  • My Re-scheduled clinic light trip to Moulay, Morocco where I am offering daily part time coaching at this amazing wave venue, which has side shore wind and sweet waves. Getting out, jumping, looping, catching waves and riding will all be covered, this place is very consistent! I will be there from July 19 – 26 and bookings are through Oceansource.net
 
  • Marvellous Mauritius is now getting steady bookings for this September. The clinic was bought forward to this date for more wind and waves and both the venue and hotel are world class, and you can now upgrade to the 5* Les Pavilions hotel should you so wish. I will be covering stance, better gybes, tacks, feasible freestyle, jumps, loops and wave riding. The venue has all water states from flat water to small waves to side off perfection and the hotel is great for non sailing partners and families. 
 
I apologise for the pic heavy newsletter but I just got very excited about sharing them with you so please have a look through and enjoy them. People say getting married is the best day of your life and boy are they right. It was an amazing day with so many great people there to share it with. Sophie and I have to thank our awesome parents, and extended family for supporting us in putting it on.
 
It is quite a surreal experience, after the carnage of the stag weekend comes the realisation that you are about to fully commit and as we know this is what life is all about : )   My crew joined me the night before for a few drinks and we kicked off the next day with some lunges, squat thrusts and a jog, like you do. The morning was a bit of a blur and everyone was asking me, ‘are you nervous?’ which I was not but just excited beyond belief. The ceremony was great and Sophie looked absolutely stunning, and the registrar seemed to enjoy called me Jeromany Hall.
 
The wedding party then adjourned for plenty of fizzy and the obligatory photos before sitting down for dinner and then the dreaded speeches. Colin, my father in law went easy on me but Tony, my best man did not!  Well, actually I will have to say that with all the pics and the great content it was, as many people have now told me, one of the best best mans speeches – ever. The first dance flew by and Sophie forgot our entire rehearsed synchronised freestyle dance routine. Now by this time everyone was pretty ‘refreshed’ so the dancing was starting to get pretty messy and there was a bit of rough and tumble. I can’t even count how many times I fell over. The DJs, Wedding smashers, were amazing and everyone danced the night away, enjoyed bundling me and even tested out the carpet for some dodgy break dancing.
 
The next day it was a yummy lunch at my parents in laws and then off to the Maldives for out honeymoon. Thanks to everyone for their kind donations to this and getting us there and to Sportif for organising it. We had a great honeymoon and no boardsports were partaken or work performed – the island was beautiful, food amazing and people friendly and we just loved the snorkelling.
A massive thank you to Barney from FND for the pics and to the Wedding Smashers for their fantastic DJing.
After all those good times it was back to work which took me to the RRD conference in Tarifa where I got to check out what’s coming out soon, discuss our R and D plans and get out on some proposed shapes. The main intro for this year is out new wave boards in both Quad and Single fin and in the guise of the all-round master, the Cult and our riding master the Hard Core. I am very excited about the Quads as they give me the looseness of a twin with the grip of a single fin and with a bit more early planing and upwind ability thrown in for good measure. The Single fins are also updated and available for those of you who prefer them and want a grippier ride, even earlier planing or for stronger wind usage and occasional riding. Out in late July and I’ll send out some more pics then.
 
With this year selling out so quick I have been asked to release my 2011 dates earlier and I will be highlighting these in July including a new venue for March, which will be available for booking in July through Sportif.
 
Thanks everyone for their lovely emails, cards and messages with best wishes for our wedding and huge thanks for your support both in the past, present and future. I am off to Prasonisi, Rhodes tomorrow for 4 weeks of clinics and then off to Hunstanton for the Quayside demo weekend and slalom / freestyle comps on July 10 & 11.
 
Passion, love and commitment,
 
Jem

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Contact Jem
View Clinics
 
   
         
Jem Hall logo Jem Sequence
Sponsors
Ezzy Sails Team Grasshopper Pro Sport Bigsalty RRD
 
     
Beginner to Winner Windsurfing Technique DVD | Winner to Wavesailor Windsurfing Technique DVD
 
Windsurf Holidays in Baja California | Windsurf Holidays in Brazil | Windsurf Holidays in Prasonisi, Greece | Windsurf Holidays in Ireland | Windsurf Holidays in Marsa Alam, Egypt | Windsurf Holidays in Mauritius | Windsurf Clinics in UK
 
© Jem Hall 2010 | contact jem | site by herringbone